english project and need a sample draft to help me learn.
ENG 2250 Literary Analysis Essay
Description: Literary analysis involves the process of closely examining, interpreting, and critiquing various aspects of a literary work. It delves into themes, symbols, characters, settings, plot structures, and stylistic devices, among other elements, to reveal the deeper meanings and implications conveyed by the author. Furthermore, literary analysis enables us to bridge the gap between personal interpretation and a broader, shared understanding of literature’s richness and diversity. Ultimately, the aim of literary analysis is to illuminate the work’s intrinsic value, convey its societal and philosophical implications, and foster a profound understanding of the author’s intentions and the broader cultural or historical context. You will choose one work of fiction we’ve read thus far and write a short (4-5 page) literary analysis paper. Your job for this paper is to articulate a clear argument (thesis) about the text you’ve chosen and support this argument with evidence from the text.
The text is: “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” by Jonathan Edwards
Guidelines and Grading:
Length: 5 pages, double-spaced, size 12 Times New Roman font, Citiation pages not included
Format: MLA (please see Purdue OWL for guidelines and examples)
Your paper should have and will be graded on the following elements:
– An interesting title that hints at the topic of the essay
– A clear and reasonable thesis statement
– An introduction paragraph that introduces the claim that the writer is making and provides adequate historical context
– Well-organized body paragraphs that use evidence from the text(s) to support the writer’s claims.
– A conclusion paragraph that does not simply restate the introduction paragraph but offers relevant commentary on the text(s) the writer is analyzing.
– Writing that is reasonably clear of spelling errors and grammatical errors
– Smoothly integrated quotations and paraphrase from the text(s) the writer is assessing
– A work cited page in correct MLA format
Requirements: 5 pages